06-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #98
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by revster View Post
Another thing to keep in mind is the cost necessary to pull this off.

David Hobbs reminded viewers during the Monaco F1 Debrief show that the Shanghai circuit cost more than 250 million. That's in China, where labor is like pennies on the dollar compared to the US.

Where in this broke-ass economy are they gonna get that money?

The NFL wants a new stadium for Los Angeles as a requirement for moving a team there.

Even with all the revenue that an LA NFL franchise has to offer, no one has been able to come up with the cash and mojo to make that happen in more than 15 years!

You think building all the facilities for a modern F1 race in Texas to the tune of 500 million dollars has a realistic chance of happening in two years?

Not even Jerry Jones could pull that off.
Reality has not sunk in yet. You are stuck in liberal taxation land. I can remember when it all started a long time ago with Enron. Since then, California has gone down hill and will never be what it once was. Money is being diverted to support liberal views. Not even Arnold can save her. At least, Thanks to Nancy, now we can quit our jobs and pursue our life long dream of becoming a race car driver, that is, IN TEXAS. As Bruce would say, Yippy Ki-Ay, Mother Fucker.
Appreciate 0