View Single Post
      10-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #42
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

There is some responses here that myself and many of my colleagues in Munich try not to choke when spitting out the word "enthusiast" in anger.
Granted it is a minority.

The most important thing that has been overlooked in this non relevant "puff piece" which I will explain why because BMW executives do not mention future products as the fact which this report has done. Interviews are conducted in the face of handlers which make sure you do not reveal too much.

But overlooked in the article is the fact that the BMW halo Sports car the BMW i8 has just hit the market and is not even a year on sale.

Why would BMW follow up this car immediately with something else when they are making headlines with this achievement.
There is headlines and attributes on the i8 but there is one phrase that echos in every sentence written about the i8 ....The Future...

The Future... The i8 is many achievements and answers the realm of possibility for a company like BMW it has the ability to be a landmark and a beacon for what is possible in a sports car. The i8 is a pioneer in many areas it does embarrass established sports cars especially what has been achieved for either less or the same money. The i8 is innovation at its highest peak , the i8 is desirability and like I said the i8 is The Future.
A road no one has even bothered to drive on. But they will...Eventually they will.

If we look at the i8 it might be a new product but its possibilities have grown since its sign off, it is too early to all about anything yet but let's us say that the possibilities and potential have increased and can very much retain the philosophy of the i8 in which less is most definitely more.
As is the M Division that can use the technical know-how and material construction.

The problem lies with patience. Some refuse to acknowledge the i8 because it is Not... And that is its character and reception because it is not...
There lies its status as BMWs halo car. Because its a window to what will be coming to your 7er , 5er and 3er. Its the template to an exciting future for volume cars and for BMW as a manufacturer as it will allow targets to be reached and exceed normal construction methods ahead of their competitors.

For now the moment belongs to the i8. Others will get their moment but patience is needed to allow progress.

And let the new guys get to work.

Last edited by SCOTT26; 10-21-2014 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0