12-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #26
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I just did a recent shoot (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461785). Here's my before/afters on a few of them:

I use a set of actions called "Totally Rad Actions" for most of my post work. It's a very powerful set of tools that have actions for almost everything you'd need.

I start out by removing distracting elements from the photos. Then I do a bunch of dodging/burning to bring out the highlights/shadows to bring focus on the areas I want. In this particular set, I applied a black and white filter, set it to about 80% and masked out the car and parts of the road that I wanted to bring more color back into. I applied a blue tint to the scene and masked out the car so it would pop more (but allowing a little blue tint so it wouldn't look totally out of place). I made sure the car and the road popped (even in the background) because that was my focus. That's pretty much it.
Would you mind posting a step by step, with like an image showing each stage of the process? Photoshop is really something I never learned how to use beyond basic things like color correction, simple cloning, etc. I've never been able to get that "bruised" look from the sky, etc.
Appreciate 0