View Single Post
      11-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Although not a SV fan (I'm starting to like the guy), he DID deserve the win. He had the most mechanical DNFs (not his fault at all), and ALL while in P1. He obviously had several more DNFs due to his stupidities, but he was maturing after every race. I was really surprised when he was smiling right after his engine blowout after leading Korea, which would have put him in the championship lead. NOt an easy thing to do mentally. He's a mentally tough guy, and that's not something you learn. And he has learned what he can pretty darn fast. He's like a completely different driver than at the beginning of the season. And definitely the best driver of them all. We all must remember he's only 23.

As far as Alonso, I like him even less now, after his ridiculous behavior with SV. And a win would have sent the wrong message to those with cheater mentality; glad it didn't happen again. Any win due to 'team orders' is an illegitimate win.

And finally I wasn't surprised MS is not the great driver many thought he was. He couldn't even come close to his rookie teammate, with the same damn car. He's done IMO. Many more talented drivers than him. And with the huge car advantage he had in the past gone, he'll be just another driver in the middle of the pack. We'll see for sure next season. By the way, the sucker is lucky to be alive after today's crash; tire cleared his head by a hair. Looking forward to next season. The many changes to be implemented will send every team to the drawing board. Take care gang.
Appreciate 0