05-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #43
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
In lap 40 ,Ricciardo was in the slipstream behind Max . Ricciardo braked too late and his brakes locked up .
Of course , during the race there was also lack of team orders from Horner ...Later after the race Horner said , We have to make sure it doesn't happen again and he blames both !
From what I saw was...The whole race was actually a mess !
Agreed ... the whole race was a mess. Entertaining and frustrating all at the same time. Definitely wasn't a boring race.

Although I truly do like Max both as a driver and as a person ... he's gotta learn to be a better team mate. Racing your team mate in good sporting fun is one thing, but he banged wheels with Danni and quite frankly, did 2 moves on him, which caused the crash (perhaps 1.5 moves).

Max darn well knew that sliding back to the racing line would impede Danni's ability to pass. In all honestly, I believe Max should have a couple points taken off his super-license because of it. He's just gotta lean ... one move is ONE move. He has a long history of this (before F1) and it seems that he didn't learn.

Regarding team orders ... I understand Horner's lack of giving team orders ... but he should've told Max to calm down and if Danni has a chance to pass, not to race him that hard. Max has took Danni out last season by hard racing (something Danni hasn't forgotten ... and won't let Max forget either. Although he's a good guy and does it in a "ball-busting" way).

Heck, even the announcers were bringing up how this reminded them of Perez and Ocon. It was the same result between Perez and Ocon and Seb and Webber ... heck Ham and Rosberg ended up with the same result ... and look what happened between Seb / Webber and Ham / Rosberg ... it ended up splitting the team in two and put way too much pressure on the team. Ham and Rosberg didn't have a clue that Niki Lauda was looking to replace both drivers if it happened again. If Red Bull seriously wants to resign Ricci ... they'd better do something and quick ... it's obvious that he already has one foot out the door; and quite frankly, I don't blame him.

Last edited by N52UNED; 05-01-2018 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 1