Thread: Z3M Coupe
View Single Post
      01-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #21
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

118k happy miles on my 2000 M Coupe. It's been an absolutely perfect car for my desires. It's fun, if not terribly fast on the track, it carries a keg, and with a roof rack, easily carries bikes and skis/boards, it's comfortable enough to drive across country, but does have a small gas tank and it looks like nothing else.

My only real dislike is that it's sort of wrecked my desire to get another car. So I just keep driving and enjoying it. To be honest, if I didn't have it, I'd probably enjoy the 135i a lot more, but because of the M Coupe, I'm more than content to let the wife drive the 1er and I'll just keep looking for the next thing, slowly.

I think the only thing that would get me to immediately sell my S52 M Coupe would be a low mileage Laguna Seca Blue S54 M Coupe with a sunroof, and I think there are about five or six of those in the US. The sunroof adds about an inch and half of additional space and allows me to fit for track duty, and I'm only 6'1", so if you're tall, be aware that they're not terribly roomy, although a 6'5" friend of mine fits, yet looks like Magilla Gorilla in my car.
Appreciate 0