View Single Post
      08-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Helped my dad get a 2009 Vette

I'm a sales manager at an RV dealer, we get neat trades in all the time.

My dad has been on the fence about getting a late model Corvette for a while so this worked out. It's a 2009 Z51/6 Speed stick with only 13,000 miles on it for only $32k. I also sent it to a GM store for oil change/diff fluid/tranny fluid (Both the trans and diff have coolers, sweet!).

I drove it for a couple days, it's a fantastic car. It's really well balanced, stiff chassis, no rattles ect. Yes, the seats blow, even with lumbar and adjustable sides, but I could see putting a pair of c7 seats in it. I love the shifter and clutch take up, and above all that thing has so much motor! I drove a c5 Z06 before and loved it, but this has approx. 10% more engine on top of that . Just a rocket, plus that bi mode exhaust is pretty cool as well. Idle to redline, it just has a mountain of power. I love the induction sound too. We will most likely get a LS7 exhaust manifolds/cats/x pipe as they are 3" instead of the LS3 2.5" and good for 20hp across the board.

I honestly never thought I would want to drive a corvette as a daily, but if I had one, from April through October I would drive that thing 4 days a week easily. I can't wait to track it