07-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

PistonHeads.Com:
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=30307

Formula E test day - so what's it really like?

"Because at the heart of the championship is something interesting and something new that is genuinely curious, thought-provoking and unusual to watch"

"The Formula E machines sounds like giant remote control cars because, in terms of the powertrain, they effectively are"

"For me, it'll never be a direct replacement for the low frequencies of a Corvette C7.R that reverberate around your chest cavity or the high notes of an old 2.4-litre F1 engine that send my stomach into bouts of excited somersaults, but as a complementary series showcasing future technology, I think it has a place.

And if, as the championship enters its second year and development rules open up, the trickle down of technology reaches road cars, as drivers and enthusiasts we'll be better for it."

"That's just three tenths shy of the Formula 4 lap record, set in a 185hp slicks-and-wings car weighing just 470kg."

"The signs are mostly positive though, and seeing really is believing for Formula E. Add this to the city backdrops and it could be pretty spectacular. Try it yourself. I'm not afraid to admit I was a sceptic and that my attitude is changing - but there are two important caveats"
Appreciate 0