04-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #16
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Thanks for all the comments guys! Like I said I'm not really in a hurry and time is definitely on my side. I could really take my time and get hella certified, granted w/no real work experience, before I'd even really have to go get a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZ410S View Post
If your long term goal is to own your own business one day then go for it. Otherwise, IT is a very competitive environment with too many people already which tends to keep salaries down. Good luck on your decision
I'd always like to own my own business. As I work for myself now and everyone that does loves the flexibility and to see your own hard work prosper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Too bad your in Ohio... I would have the perfect opportunity for you...
Depending on the opportunity we'd be up for a move......

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
you need to put in your dues in every career, there are no short cuts, son!
I know that. Just some careers dues are shorter/longer then others. Sports is looooong unless you really know someone. They love college grads because everyone wants to work in professional sports so they can higher college grads and string them along at >$10/hr(I was making $8/hr, no benefits w/the Cleveland Indians). I knew people waiting that had been there 4+ years with no opportunity in site. It's pretty shitty. I was not about to wait till I was 30+y/o to start making some cash.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0