View Single Post
      11-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #119
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

$50k is plenty (maybe except NYC, SF, DC area).
There are lots of people who buy stuff out of means.

Buy suits , 99" LCD TV on Credit card.
Buy lavishing Porsche 911 TurboS on loan.
Buy a $800k house in Westwood/SantaMonica CA on a 0-10% down mortgage PLUS PMI payment (or 80/20 junk).

One of my most frugal friend I had was just a Dentist who has his private practice in Diamond Bar CA, and made tons of cash. I think he lived in those slum lord apartment to save money. 10 years ago, he was paying $680/mo rent in LA. That is like unheard of at that time.

Maybe he just ordered Rocket Ship from Virgin Atlantic or SpaceX

Sir, there is nothing wrong with hourly wage and even $8.75/hr job. As long as they are money hungry, and don't have that "I am too full and pride to..."
mentality. That is a peasant mentality. When they are dirt poor, and when they suddenly got hit by some cash, they get lazy and suddenly brag about it. I understand.... they were poor and now have some money to show off.
Later, they have no where to brag about, and they start to brag about it on social media or forums.

I think I just mentioned one Muni investor guy I know. He doesn't have to work at all. However, he has a $11/hr job just to get going.
Multi-millionaire and hvae a $11/hr job. THAT IS MONEY HUNGRY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Median household income is $50k? As in like... combined wages between two people (assuming household income is majority marriage/togetherness bullshit)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I believe it was the only person on this board with an actual sugar daddy.

.... no not me unfortunately. I fckn wish tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
You're right, peasants wages are based on hourly wages.