View Single Post
      10-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #236
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

I love that you took time out of your day in the attempt to prove me wrong, but your studies prove nothing as they focus on insulin resistance and weight gain/loss NOT improvements in body composition and largely in obese populations. Realize that you can lose weight and still go backward aka become less metabolically efficient (or degrade body comp). The studies completely ignore nutrient timing as well which is incredibly important.

You also make the mistake of saying that I recommend a low carb diet which is not the case. I feel your carbohydrate intake should be in relation to your activity level. On your very active days, you need more carbohydrate and vice versa. I am not recommending low this or low that or high this or high that. I mentioned that fact that carbohydrate and insulin are in bed with each other because individuals are over-consuming carbohydrate without the appropriate activity preceding or following its consumption leading to fat storage. Insulin is both friend and foe as it is fat storing yet extremely anabolic and its manipulation (and others) is important in reaping the benefits of your activity in the gym.

To say a calorie is a calorie is not true IMO. One hundred calories from a green veggie is not equal to a one hundred calories from a pop tart or ice cream. The body sees them differently despite both being carbohydrate sources, and you can tell by the vitality and body composition of those who eat the respective foods that this is fact. I don't need a study to tell me that.

Here is truth - the kinds/sources of food you chose to eat, when you eat them, and how much make an impact on body composition (and your health).

Read up.
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._cycling_codex
Appreciate 0