View Single Post
      09-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #75
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero View Post
If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were like me.....thinking and planning for retirement 40+ hours a week.
It's always amazing to me how many people are NOT that concerned about funding their retirement. You see what the average Joe is saving, and how long it will have to last considering current lifespans, and how few people have proper pensions, and you gotta wonder how come these people are not shitting themselves.

Maybe they are all OK with the idea of still dragging their ass into work at the age of 78? Maybe they are all just terrible at basic math? Even still, there are lots of free tools on the web where you just need to plug in some numbers without thinking, and it will tell you how much you need to save in order to get to a decent number, and most people are waay off that, and dont seem to have any plan to try and correct that, or even shrink the gap.

I think there will be a lot of people in for a nasty surprise in their golden years, and I don't intend to be one of them....