Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Ah, I see. Wow since the 80's I had no clue. I wonder why they skipped over the E36 then. I know it was here in the U.S. since the e46 MY.

Im not exactly sure yet, Ill post up here tomorrow, the car is done but it was too late to go get it today. I was already planning on picking their brain and find out exactly what happened.

Its my girlfriends e90 it was a 08 CPO, so not sure if the fluid was ever changed. It was leased and bought at our dealership so they should have records. All I know is they left a voicemail saying the transfer case is being replaced at that very moment, and the car will be ready by the end of the day.
UPDATE: Got the car back today. Dealer said the gearing inside the transfer case was going out. Not sure why. I asked how the oil was he said a little bit burned but not too bad. We caught it in time before a serious drivability issue. Not sure about how much it all cost it was covered under warranty.

So goes to show CPO might not be the best option. After the lease return who is to say the deler services the car if need be. Obviously the diff fluid was never changed, but they did not blame this for the failiure in their defense.