mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a new driver (I've had my old school burner bubble since 95-96)

BUT, , I'm lefthanded so just going down to the store and trying stuff out doesn't really work very well

I'm looking at the X460 tour callaway (closed face on the non tour model makes me not want it)

and the R5, R7 taylor made

anybody's feedback who's tried those is appreciated!

Thanks

Ward
Well, I just happened to be down at the PGA TOUR Superstore at lunch yesterday and hit a few with the Callaway FT3, 8.5 Tour, with the NV 65-S shaft in it. Even the "Tour" version seemed to me to have a very closed face.

My current driver is a Titleist 983E 8.5 with a Fujikura Pro95 shaft in it. I prefer a heavier shaft since it helps with my tempo. I feel like I can whip the ultralight shafts around too much. My SS is around 110-115 mph, with a ballspeed of around 160-165mph.

Honestly, I have yet to find a driver that I can hit as well as my 3 year old Titleist. I think that part of my problem is that most shops (big stores and specialty shops) don't stock drivers with anything more than the stock, ultralight shafts.

Having said all that, my good buddy has a Ping G2 with the Aldila NV and he loves it.

Sorry for rambling...

-MrB
Appreciate 0