View Single Post
      11-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

(Post 3 of 3)

I thought it would be cool to post the actual images that are printed in the store so far. You can see 4 of them relatively well, so here are those 4 plus the other 4 from the back of the wall in the corridor.

You may have seen some of these in other threads I've posted them in.

If not, I hope you like them.

The store owners wanted to use photos that were from local places down here in South Florida, in particular recognizable landmarks. And they liked my hookah photo, which fits in with their business model.

Of these 8, 7 are shot with the 6D and 1 (the first one below) is with my Rebel XTi.

1 Hyatt Pier 66 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

This is one of my all time best/favorite shots (in my opinion), shot with the formidable Canon EF-S 10-22 UWA lens.

View of the Fort Lauderdale skyline as seen from the top of the Hyatt Pier 66 hotel, with reflections of the 17th Street Bridge in the windows.

Shot February 7, 2009
Canon Rebel XTi (400D)
30 second exposure
f/8
10mm
Minor / almost no PP except standard LR preset when importing.

Pier 66 View of Fort Lauderdale 2 by ddk632, on Flickr

2 Hookah Bokeh! - Boca Raton, FL

It was pretty dark in the Hookah Hut and the 6D loves the dark. Shot at ISO 10000 with the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM "Pancake" lens which makes that smooth, creamy bokeh!

Hookah Bokeh by ddk632, on Flickr

3 Clouds of Haze - Kings Bay, FL

Early morning haze at Deering Estate, south of Miami, in Kings Bay, Florida. This is a long exposure with great reflections. This bay opens up into the ocean. The sun was still in the early stages of rising, and was severely blocked by the weather, which contributed greatly to the mood of this photo.

Clouds of Haze by ddk632, on Flickr

4 Miami Bayside Architectural - Downtown Miami, FL

The view of Biscayne Blvd from Bayside Park in Miami, just as night behins to set in. Shot with 6D and TS-E 17, using Fotodiox Wonderpana kit 3-stop GND filter and circular polarizer. Some light painting of the foreground as well.

Bayside Miami Architectural by ddk632, on Flickr

5 Lightning Stikes the Sea - Downtown Miami, FL

A lightning strike in the distance can be seen from Bayside Park, in Downtown, Miami, Florida. This is my first successful attempt at capturing lightning. Here's to many more!

Lightning Strikes the Sea by ddk632, on Flickr

6 Conversation with a Fan - Homestead International Speedway, Homestead, FL

Not exactly a conversation, and not the type of fan you'd think. After a race, on a hot Florida summer afternoon, that fan is worth its weight in gold. Racer Garrett Funkhouser (CCS #66) recuperates after one of the day's races at CCS motorcycle race weekend, Homestead Miami International Speedway

Conversation with a Fan by ddk632, on Flickr

7 Beauty and the Beast - Cutler Road, Miami, FL

This was a shot worth waiting for. I had my tripod set up, TS-E 17 manual focused perfectly on the bike, 580EXII flash with light green flash gel pointed at the trees for a forest effect. I just needed to wait for the perfect vehicle to pass by and be in my shot. I was hoping for a sports car or a motorcycle. I got a bike, some random cars, a BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe, and a Panamera. Happy with those, as I was about to pack up, I see a white Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Roadster coming up. I ran to position and snapped this shot just in time! Love it!

Beauty and The Beast by ddk632, on Flickr

8 Middle of the Pack - Palm Beach International Raceway, Palm Beach, FL

This turned out to be a lucky shot. Was basically trying to get closeups of the group on the first lap of this race. Even at f/14 you can see the DOF is pretty thin due to the distance.

CCS #85 came out from the rest of the pack in this photo. Monopod-mounted 100-400L w/2.0 TC for total of 800mm using manual focus.

Middle of the Pack by ddk632, on Flickr

There you have it folks, I'm damn excited and proud that my work gets to hang on a wall in a real place in the real world. Now I want to do more!

Seriously, if you're in South Florida, stop by the store in Delray Beach to see my photos on the wall and get some Vapes
Appreciate 0