View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #25
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
That's true, but you'd have to have an insanely poor driving record that's relatively young. Even then, you'd probably just get someone from the DoD or FBI or whatever to come in and ask you about it. It's typically a judgement call.

Things like recent drug use, poor credit, dual citizenship, etc. tend to be grounds for immediate denial.
Yes, it's a judgement call. That's why there are adjudicators which are the final say in granting or renewing your clearance. But why provide them with additional ammunition if you don't have to with moving violations. When I went through one of the clearances I had, I was surprised they were able to go back about 7 years to find the speeding ticket I got out of state. This was even after I had my driving record expunged.

Poor credit isn't an immediate denial. You are provided a means to explain why you have poor credit or any bankruptcies. You can find varying cases where people were granted clearances with a poor financial record resulting from medical or in one case I read about the person was recovering from a failed business venture. Here are listings of real adjudicated cases where you can find all sorts of situations where people were either denied or granted clearances:

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/
Appreciate 0