stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Garage List
hey JV,

Just found this thread and watched the show. A few comments and a question:

1) My wife (a Project Runway fan from way back) were comparing notes on the two shows and agreed that it's obvious that this type of show needs to make "characters" out of their participants. There isn't a story without characters--and character development. So after EP1 I have hope that "you" will evolve from Mr. SmartyPants to someone closer to who you are in real life.

2) I thought Brian (the team leader of the team that lost the competition in EP1) should have been the one canned, not Dawan. Dawan was set up by Brian to just do only the wheels, and then no one told him the color choice had been changed by the rest of the team. Their car failed because the concept failed because in the end it wasn't coherent and wasn't marketable for 2015--not because the wheels were unfinished. I don't think Dawan would have lasted much longer anyway, but IMO he got screwed. Brian should have manned up and admitted that Dawan was set up as the fall guy.

3) I was impressed with the two judges: Jean Jennings needs no introduction and the German fellow seems to really know his stuff. What did you think of him? That guest hosthunk was a joke.

4) Your reply to the guest hosthunk was great and more than made up for Darby's inadequate introduction. Your clarity and intelligence came through very clearly.

5) Troy is a very interesting fellow/character and I'm interested to see how he turns out on the show.

6) I thought your team's car deserved to win, but it wasn't at all clear how all the acrimony and disorganization on your team produced such a good product. Any comments on that?

7) What is your personal opinion of how the Cruze SS concept came out overall? I was pretty impressed with it. First of all it was marketable for 2015 while the other entry wasn't even close.

I'm glad to find out that my Boston FIOS network carries TruTV and I'll be watching next Tuesday at 10pm. Carry on and may the best designer get the Z28!