04-10-2024, 08:12 PM   #41
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfCoyote View Post
Rose colored glasses.
I miss my old Neon SRT-4, I remember that thing just taking all the abuse stupid 18 year old me would throw at it. I still kind of want one for the nostalgia of it all, but I'm sure I'd be sorely disappointed in it now lol
I did buy back a car I owned for 5+ years and loved back in the day. I bought it back. A 2006 Mazdaspeed6. I owned a MS6 prior that I bought new, a 2007 MS6.

Anyway, I did a bunch of work to this 2006 and it was my daily for most of the 5+ years I had it. Eventually sold it then about a year later, bought it back from the guy I sold it to. At that time, I owned three other cars.

Fast forward, it did not get driven much and I sold it. To this day, I do have thoughts of wishing I kept it, but nothing that I lose sleep over.

The guy I sold it to made it much faster. I tried to buy it back again, but he wanted LOL money so I passed.

I moved on as far as the car world and it is what it is. Would I own another MS6? Yes, but not going to overpay for anything.

Sometimes, just like dating relationships, a car comes along at the right time for us, but we're not meant to love it forever. We will always have the positive memories.
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 1