e21 respect
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by add1cted2 View Post
Wow this is a great thread. There are certainly true "enthusiats" on this one.

I must agree with the above quote. I think there are plenty of fast cars out there and there are even more luxurius cars too, however BMW is the only that can balance both and do it well. I think the 3 series defined the category "sports sedan" and it it still currently the benchmark for that category.

Although I must admit that I'm not in love with the current production line up the way I used to years ago; in 1988 I fell in love with an E30 318, I was 8 years old then, ever since then I've always loved every generation forward (E36, E46 & E90). As I grew up I told myself that I will NOT buy a BRAND NEW car until I can buy the current 3 series (whenever that maybe). I'm now 27 years old and finally purchased my 3 series, E90 335i. I've had many debates (fights) defending my car. My point is...I know that the 335i is an awesome piece of engineering, but I'm not sure how much of my "fantasy" of the BMW brand influenced the purchased.

This maybe crazy talk but could I've really purchased a Merc or even worse some sort of Japanese import???
Nice. My first love affair was with a e21 320i, and then later on with a E34 525i. My dad had a few other euro brands in between. Even though some other cars at home were faster, I always loved the way the BMWs drove. They were definitely a lot more fun. BMW applies this sport sedan concept to all their cars. Throughout the range, they always provide consumers with the best all around car.

I haven't owned a or driven a BMW since the E34. My dad got taken away with the SUV craze and I was disgusted. I am looking forward to picking up a 2008 335i as well. It happens to be my first brand new car too!! I am having some issues with my dealer, but I hope to be signing the papers soon. Congrats on your new E90!!
Appreciate 0