View Single Post
      01-10-2024, 03:32 PM   #8
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanDzia View Post
... e90 330i auto, pre lci with n52 engine... - rare transmission error (4f8d). Needs new seals (and while at it, all solenoids). [According to WHOM?] Other than this happening once in a few months, the gearbox is as good as it gets. Pushing this job until i decide what to do moving forward.
From myself:...
transmission oil & pan [Did YOU do that fluid & pan change? HOW did you Add New Fluid/ Check Level?]
- 4 New tires (non rft). Currently with all original potenzas with OK thread, but massive tramlining. Not fun to drive...
Here is BMW Fault Code Lookup Definition of "4F8D" code & link to Fault Info page. NOTE first step: CHECK FLUID LEVEL:
P17EC | 4F8D | EGS: Ratio monitoring, gearshift 5-4 | GS19B | Transmission control
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...IANgA2ADAANAA=

If you have INPA, you can view EGS "History Memory" (HistorienSpeicher), and see if there were any instances of 4F8D fault code BEFORE you changed Trans Fluid/ Pan. That would be further clue related to fluid level.

Original tires were probably Continental Runflat RSC. BMW selected those FOR A REASON. If you have NEVER driven an E9x with RSC Runflat Conti's, try it BEFORE you dismiss them as somehow "Inferior". I realize there are numerous posts knocking RSC tires. I'm on my 2nd set. Excellent handling, braking, noise level, traction -- absolutely NO Tramlining. I carry an air pump, plug kit, keep a 5th duplicate Wheel/Tire at home, and have NEVER had a tire issue.

I would NOT presume to tell you what to keep, sell, or Replace "pre-emptively". Your 330i is low mileage and if "A6CF" AUC Sensor is ONLY fault, then well-maintained. If you "pre-emptively FIXED" everything anyone complains about on E9x Forums, you would be a "busy man". My moto:
"If it ain't BROKE, don't FIX it!

I have NO Fault Codes on 3/2007 build 328xi with 140,000+ miles. I do all my own work including Transmission (GM6) fluid/filter replacement, and all other fluids. ONLY mechanical repair was replacing Bosch plugs (with same Bosch part) in first 2 weeks of ownership, due to 2 instances of "Misfire" at > 5,000 RPM due to enlarged plug gaps (0.055+" gap instead of .040" spec). YMMV.
George
Appreciate 3