Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
Your true colors are still showing...I bet you too have a ton of smart-ass thread comments.

Yes, D1 athletes learn a lot more about training and nutrition, but I am no expert. I'm not disagreeing with anyone...I just dont understand why personal attacks have to be made and was in the process of making fun of Quick6EF for doing this numerous times. Why do you insist on making negative comments when it is clear you are not reading everything? 25 min (Bike) cardio each day I work out, that is followed by running 2x per week and speed drills 2x per week. In addition, that is followed by the weight program i listed. BTW...exercise for each area includes numerous types of lifts. I guarantee there are about 95% of the people at every gym that go through the motions and dont actually work hard enough. The bike workout for 25 minutes is balls-out...dripping when I am done. it's not for everyone and i guarantee you would not be able to hang with me...maybe a few months ago when i was a fat couch potato at 225lbs.

Good for you with the swimming...did you swim in College? There is an enormous difference in training, nutrition, and especially coaching at the next level.

Now you just made fun of the other guy...are you not happy? I also agree with him in that it is not molecular engineering or science...just do it!
Physiology is a science. Studying the functions of the metabolism, how it works, how muscle is gained and fat is metabolized, all a science. I'm not debating the facts of exercise or weight loss. I'm arguing the fact that you two seem to think that it is possible to GAIN muscle when you're in a CALORIC DEFICIT. This is not possible. I'm not going to repost the links to studies that have already proven you wrong, but you just come here with opinion based arguments and no facts.

Show me ONE STUDY with a group of people (or even ONE person), with a daily caloric deficit and measurable lean mass gains and you will have proved me wrong. Until then, you're going on all opinions.

Now you are ragging on people for throwing personal attacks out there, but you keep doing it yourself. Hypocrisy huh? I couldn't care less about what you think my "true colors" are, you're still being a hypocrite. Post some facts like the others here have or kindly see your way out of the thread. My true colors are trying to help the OP out and filter the bullshit people like you are trying to feed him.

I'm sure your 25 minute bike workout is really tough...

EDIT: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ng-fat-qa.html

A good read on some of the physiological processes. If you're an out of shape beginner (not the OP who is in shape already), it's possible to gain muscle and lose fat, but for a small period of time only until the fat cells become less insulin resistant.

And here is another "site" with claims that you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time: notice that to learn the secret you have to buy their crap, LOL
http://www.holygrailbodytransformation.com/index1.shtml

Last edited by Templar; 02-03-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0