View Single Post
      08-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #1
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Thoughts/experience with the F150 5.0L 10sp autos?

Back in October I bought a 2011 Cayman 6MT that I thought would be my occasional driver and "fun" car. Turns out I absolutely love the damn thing and drive it almost exclusively while my 2016 M235 6MT sits with a sad panda face. I used to think the M235 was an exceptional sports coupe, but the Cayman has wrecked it for me. I'm wavering on selling the M235 to my son and getting a new single cab, short bed F150 XLT 2wd with the 5.0 and 10 speed auto. I've always wanted a full-size single cab V8 truck and the F150 fits the bill nicely. With the 5.0, 10 speed (it ain't no ZF 8 speed though) and light chassis (for a truck), they can boogey. In stock form, they're in the deep into 13s on pump gas which would be fine for me and there are plenty of mods to make it much quicker if I wanted. Given that these a super rare trucks, I'd have to order it and it looks like it would come in around $44K (LOL truck prices).

I've watch a ton YT videos and have done my own research, but does anyone have any experience with the later gen 5.0s and/or the 10 speed auto? I'm curious if there are any red flags as I'm not finding any other than most Ford dealers suck and Ford reliability is mid pack at best.