02-09-2015, 10:55 PM   #83
-Ryan-
First Class Privates
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfaxM3 View Post
Interested in your update, if you have a chance to post. Thanks!
I forgot I posted on here. I should of taken more pics while i was there but I didn't really think about it at the time. Below are some pics i had on my phone.

So the Thermal Club is going to be an amazing place. Sadly I don't think I'll ever be wealthy enough to be a member. I hope to at least get access through BMW events.

To give you an idea of the money, when I first got there i saw a semi parked off to the side with a Veyron and an Aventador parked next to it. Someone told me they were there because a prospective member wanted to try them out. I was told the person bought the Veyron and a LaFerrari (which I didn't see) one of the villas and another piece of land.

Here's a couple shots of the track. It was brand new and in excellent condition. I'm sure it will always be kept that way. You can see a couple villas they are building in the back. The villas sit right on the wall surrounding the track so the view/experience from the balconies is going to be amazing.

There was a good size stable filled with Porsches and at least one E30 M3. Regrettably, I didn't take any pics of that. The gas pumps had 91, 100 and 110 octane. That looked pretty cool. I didn't take a pic of that either. Here's a cool little lounge I poked my head in.

On to the event. It was about 25 of us total. Here's a pic of the side of temporary building we were in.

Here's the lunch they had waiting for us when we arrived.

After lunch we had a brief classroom session explaining seating position, car dynamics, when to brake etc. Just basic stuff. We were divided up into smaller groups and then it was off to drive.

The first thing we got to do is take turns driving a couple different vehicles around the south section of the track following an instructor. Nothing crazy, we may of got up to 90 mph on the straightaway at most. There was an i8, M235i, M6 vert and X6M. Here's some of the cars.

Then we got to autox M4s. the course took around 20-25 seconds to go get around. We took about 5 laps each. That was a lot of fun. It's fun beating the shit out of someone else's car. No pics. Lastly we took turns driving M6 gran coupes on the north section of the track following a driving instructor. That was a lot of fun as well. The M6 is big fast beast. No pics of that either.

All and all it was a pretty fun day. I'm looking forward to future BMW events out there.

Here's some local guys GT3 RS that was at the BMW event too.