mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_ki View Post
I highly boubt any dealer will sell you a e92 coupe for 13-14k
I sold a 2008 328xi coupe with 79k miles for 13000 with a salvage title, no frame damage and airbags didnt pop, but still a branded title. Even on craigslist prices are above 14k for coupes. Maybe its different in NY tho as im in Cali
even though what you said may be true...but keep in mind that car prices are dependent on your location. You're comparing CA price to NY price.

With that being said, here are some hustling tips in chronological order:

1) Don't go to the dealership and act like you're in love with the car (even if you are, just hide it until you get the car). You have to set expectation to the salesman that the car is w/e to you and you can easily find substitutes. Make sure they know that you can walk out and would not look back.

2) Go to the dealership towards the end of the month. Sometimes to meet a certain quota to close out the month, some dealership are more willing to work out a nice deal for you. Even better if you can come in the evening, that way it give them the incentive to close the deal with you so they can go home.

3) Learn about the car the you're interested to buy. Write down an important feature that it doesn't have....whether it's the sport package, interior, manual transmission, certain trim, and etc. When the salesman bring you to the car to check it out...point out that not having this certain feature really is a deal breaker for you, but you really like <insert a feature that you really like about the car here>...

4) Last step is close inspection of the car. Pay attention closely to PAINT on different body parts...if you see signs of repainting or paint not matching. Look out for any paint imperfections like scratches, rock chips, and etc... Look at the wear and tear parts like tires, brakes and etc... Look at the service history. Anything you can find can be good ammo for you to fight for additional discounts.

hope that helps
Appreciate 0