View Single Post
      09-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #12
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

I use a DIY watch box my kids made for me and little, homemade cloth pouches.

Each watch is stored in a small pouch that Mother made. Neither the box nor the pouches are elaborate, but both "get the job done." The pouches are by far the more important of the two because they are perfect for storing a watch on the rare occasion that I do take a second watch when I travel.

You can make your own pouches too. It's basically a pillow case with a drawstring at the top. If you don't think you can figure out how to fold the top of the material and sew it to make a tunnel though which you can pass a string, you can use a rubber band to close the thing. LOL.

I know some folks will toss their watches into a drawer and end up with what resembles a knot of snakes. There's not much wrong with that method either if it works for them and they don't care if the watches scratch each other from time to time or over time. I'd suggest putting a felt liner in the drawer so they don't slide about noisily wen the drawer is opened quickly, but otherwise...whatever works...

Why I like my watch box:
  • It gets the job done. Each section is big enough and the whole thing is covered.
  • It doesn't occupy a lot of space and fits inside the drawer of my nightstand, as well as under the bed, or in the safe when I'm going to be away from home for a long time, which is almost always the case. (I'm in D.C. ~100 days/year at the most.)
  • It doesn't take up a lot of space.
  • It doesn't inspire me to display my watches on top of my dresser or on a table in my bedroom, which would use space that I need for other things.
  • My kids made it.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 09-28-2014 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0