View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 01:59 AM   #434
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapperRoxGC View Post
It's the nuance of the "spare car" rule. I don't have a great handle on it, but apparently (I believe this is a F1-wide cost cutting measure) you cannot have a spare car per se, but rather all of the necessary components you need to assemble a spare car. I am definitely oversimplifying it, but that's the rub of it, and that is why Williams only ran one car in AUS once Albon binned it.

It is quite troubling that James is alluding to an idea that they are going to have to rush to have the SECOND car ready by suzuka, though. It's almost giving 1990s era Andrea Moda vibes. That's a very dramatic comparison obviously but yeah, this is giving the optics of Williams circling the drain. I hope that is not the case.
Yes the problem is they haven't a spare tub ready yet which is in the process of being built and it's a slow and expensive process that takes ages with the final moulded tub being machined to fit their specs and just one mistake in the process with a hole or cut out of place would be disaster.

Last edited by M5Rick; 03-30-2024 at 04:46 AM..
Appreciate 1