09-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #60
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Regardless of MW was right or wrong, it was a pretty stupid and risky move. He could have easily avoided LH; he just didn't want to. And he was damn lucky not having been a casualty as well. LH was clearly ahead of MW, and right on his blind spot; MW was just an a-hole, whether justified or not. I'm not a fan of either one, but at least LH is not an a-hole.
Just to make my biases clear, I am a much bigger fan of Webber than Hamilton.

That being said, I think you are being incredibly harsh on Webber. If you watch some of the other passes at turn 7, the successful guys usually left a bit more room than Hamilton did. If you MUST place blame on someone, well sure, Webber could have backed out. But I don't think his move was "stupid" or "lucky." Webber knew how important track position was for the championship, and he is simply a hard racer.

From my point of view, blame goes 75-25 webber Hamilton. Not enough for a penalty so well done by the stewards.

Other points I'd like to make - great run by Robert, and great to see such an eventful race!! So much passing in the dry on a street track, if Singapore keeps delivering like this, it will remain a popular grands prix.

And how badass is Heikki?? Talk about taking care of your own business - major props to the Finnish way of doing things, I was impressed how cool and responsible he was.
Appreciate 0