View Single Post
      06-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

I recently did a track event like this. Did it for my father, for fathers day. I chose a the F430. He chose the Gallardo. The instructors will not let you drive these cars at or even close to there limit, mine didn't even let me use the paddle shifters, even after I proclaimed I use them all the time in my DCT BMW that has more torque that the F430 we are sitting it. (he didn't like that comment) I'm beating myself wishing I had chose the Gallardo for the track, but didn't because I have driven one in the past.

I've driven a GTR multiple times on the highway and back roads, never on a track though. I can tell you from my experience it has a dull driving experience due to all the computer generated driving schematics. You would have more fun in a s2000 or miata over a GTR. This track day you're going to should solely be based on you coming out with a big smile and an adrenaline rush. As I stated before, they will not let you even get close to the capabilities of a GTR to really give you the rush it should. To get the rush of a GTR you would need to be a professional driver driving it at it's limits.

I've driven a Gallardo as well, not on a track, but I would assume it has similar driving dynamics as the V8 R8 considering they are essentially the same chassis, just with less power. It is a terrifically fun car to drive based on sound alone. I would say if the R8 was the V10 to choose that. It would be the most fun track car for what you're doing.

As for the SLS I have no clue, but I would think the rear wheel drive, the cool factor, and sheer power it delivers would make for the best choice to pick out of your choices.