View Single Post
      04-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #50
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matbrach
--Many young women make dramatic changes in their self-images and their behavior. Carol Gilligan, a Harvard researcher, has called this process "hitting the wall," which is made of blocks containing all the negative messages young women receive from society about their bodies, their minds, and their worth. Through this process, they begin to recognize that the world functions in terms of power dynamics and that it is women who do not possess the power (Debold, Wilson, and Malave 1993, p. 14).--

Thats great - lets keep women down by treating them how they have been treated for thousands of years.
umm..yeah. i dont think slubu is trying to keep "women down." thats what women's magazines are for (glamor, cosmo, ...ect.) no in all seriousness though, it just sounded like he was just teasing her. for shit and giggles. there seems to be a fine line between "teasing" a girl and making fun or her/treating her like crap. (esp. in internet talk, where you cant get a real sense of the person talking, and by sense i mean expressions, emotions...) i think slubu was trying to teaser her and some one you are intreprting as the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeslice
Umm, I don't know if I'm part of the "Resident 3 girls"of e90 but I'm a chick... and I commented. But reading all this you can't hate on slubu for this.

I mean honestly, I think it's kinda sad that this girl will put up with that and slubu is right... it is what is working for him so it creates an idea that that is a good way to act.

As a girl I've dated asses and I've dated nice guys/pushovers and it's best to find someone in between and the balance is what is key.
my apologies to you geeslice, i was just being sarcastic. but glad you hear and i see you got you 3 on order, so thats why maybe you fell under my radar.

i was thinking about this thread and what if, this is just a culture/age difference thing. im about the same age as slubu and similar backgrounds so.cal college grad and maybe thats just how it is here in so.cal. maybe theres more pressure on the women here, than say the midwest, and have lower self-esteems, thanks to the media-drivin so cal culture. and for the older crowd with families maybe you guys are instinctively protective and view slubu's actions as childish/ hurtful. maybe maybe oooo this thread is getting interesting...
Appreciate 0