02-21-2024, 10:01 PM   #7
co_440i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb1979 View Post
Why do you feel you need monoball arms? Serious question; as for a road going car, they'll create more noise and feedback which you'll hear and feel...

Sreten of M539 fame did this on his E39 M5 and soon went back to OEM Lemforder arms due to these very issues

Absolutely get the idea if you're going to really lower the car and want the camber etc; but for an every day car; I'd stick to OEM spec personally

Aren't the M3/M4 arms the ones to go for; for more camber adjustment but retaining the OEM compliance?

*** Edit: Forgot to say that my motorsport mechanic pals use these when they're working on non-M F3x cars that are to go on track/lowered a lot, and they can get really good fast road set-ups dialled in using the M3/M4 arms and they don't push the wheels that much at all...

I chose not to go for them on my F31 as it's an every day driver & I wanted to retain the comfort/ride characteristics of the OEM factory car; so stuck with all new arms and suspension all round and that's made a superb change to the car/handling/ride etc
Most people who get VAC monoballs on here do not report a noticeable change in NVH but a dramatic increase in steering precision and feel, just from posts on here it seems less than 5% report what you’re claiming. I have mine and am waiting to install them.
Appreciate 2
johnung4537.00