Luftmeister
Office Linebacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Gravedigging....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoFast1589 View Post
Looks like they're becoming more popular now here in the United States because Turner Motorsport just picked them up and are now offering them in addition to GMP and Tire Rack.

Yeah, I should've replaced those but I didn't. My car has 30k miles on it so it's not they're mangled and need to be replaced that badly.

Heavy feeling, not so much. The car will always feel a little portly because it is and a lot of weight is up high with the sun roof and what not which doesn't help the center of gravity. There's a reason why BMW ditched the sun roof on the 1M. What it does is give some legs to stand on. I'm still amazed that BMW literally used sheet metal with spot welded ends for suspension links... That is just unacceptable... The M links which are solid aluminum I believe would really give the car the feel you need for responsive side to side transitions. But as it sits the car is wickedly fast and quick on its feet. You just have to be delicate and fluid with your steering motions, braking and everything to get the best out of the car.
Hope you're still on the forum. Didn't see a mention of what you were running for wheels and tires. Stock or did you go wider?

Thanks,

Jim
Appreciate 0