scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
[rant]
I don't see why people post.. "My condolences to the family.." "It's so sad" "Sorry for your loss"..

90% of the people that say anything related to those, don't actually mean it. Society has made it a trend where people feel the need to say such things.
Like asking "How have you been??" or "How are you??" when talking to someone.
People don't actually care, they are just being 'polite' by mindlessly repeating what society tells them they should. What do they expect?? A simple, "Fine thank you" in return, so that they feel good about themselves.

If my kid dies, the last thing I want to hear from someone is "my condolences go out to the family", "I'm so sorry", etc..
You are basically mocking the person by saying that when you know you don't give a shit. You didn't even know the person, so how can you actually care or say that.

In the video the cop say "This is a horrible tragedy" with a straight, insincere face, because it is what he is told to do. People issue statements saying something a long those lines every day about someones loss.. WHY say it when your words are worthless??
I guess this all started back in WWI where a parent would get an American flag with a letter stating how sorry some General is for their loss, when the paper itself was typed up by a secretary.

I think this is bullshit and people need to just keep their mouths shut if they didn't actually know the person.

I could really care less about it, and don't see it as a terrible incident. Why?? because I wasn't acquainted with the person. Sure, it sucks for the kids who died, and their parents.. Leave it at that. You don't weep for every stranger that dies on a daily basis, so stop following the trend and acting like you care.
[/rant]

-Nathan
You are just callous. This is a sad happening.

It would seem this kid took his parent's car, and with his inexperience in driving, and with recklessness disregard for safety he took his life and the lives of others.

I have in-laws who are in their late teens and early twenties who if they had the chance would likely do the same. How much of this is due to the video game generation? It is only in recent years that so much of this happens. It is sad. Very sad. It is a commentary on what has become of modern America.

This is also sad for the parents of this kid and the parents of the others who died with him. It is sad for the parents that they did not secure that car better. It is sad just imaging how it would be if it were in my family. It is sad that people can have a cavalier attitude about such a preventable tragedy.

There are several families that will be deeply affected by this for many years. Yes, it is sad on so many levels.