02-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
1987 e28 Turns 25 years young in 2012 @ 423,176 KM and still ticking

Ours right now shows 423,176 KM on the odometer. Has been looked after maintenance wise by yours truly once the BMW warranty expired. Still has the original engine and transmission. At the time in 1987 it was just one step below the then ///M5. To purchase my first ///M had to wait till 2004

Our 1987 535is has seen Canada and the US from coast to coast and then some. Needless to say she has sentimental value and will never ever be sold. Major repair have only been the clutch and break jobs. For this kind of milage I consider it normal maintenance. The transmission has a very tiny leak, however, not to the expend that I will have it rebuild.

In 2005 someone felt it to be necessary to use a key on this fine automobile and keyed the car all around I mean all around leaving no part untouched. My daughter had trains in her eyes when she saw it that spring morning of 2005. Why people do this I never ever can understand.

Anyway it required a complete paint job. Original BMW paint was used and the job done at a certified BMW body shop. I took off all the chrome trim and bumpers and had them refurbished. Unfortunately the refurbished bumpers did not stand the test of time and were replaced with new BMW bumpers all the way from Germany along with the two front fenders in the fall of 2011. Our 535is is all stock and we like it like this.

This year the project will be to restore the interior not that it needs much work. Once that is done this car will be fit for another 381,496 KM to reach the 500,000 Mile mark (804,672 KM)

Here are a few pictures of Bimmi (her name given by my daughter - once she returns her to me I will properly make it my track car since I will not take my ///M3 to the track other then to watch others).

Best Regards to all you high milage drivers,

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-12-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0