04-07-2023, 08:43 PM   #10
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435iKev View Post
I recently spun my rod bearings on my 435i RWD. It was around 109k miles, FBO Stage 2 BM3. I just sourced a new motor, 70k miles for 3 grand. I’m planning on replacing a few components on this new motor and had a couple questions.

1) I plan to replace the valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, oil pressure control valve, plugs/coils, and injectors. I was wondering what other components I should replace while the motor is out.

2) I’m currently running Bootmod3 Stage 2(Agg) OTS tune. I’m obviously going to keep it on stock tune for a while but I was wondering how long I should keep it stock for. I still plan on flashing back to Stage 2 sometime but when would be a good time to do that?

3) I’m also adding the MMR oil sump baffle. I know the S55 oil setup is way better but I can’t afford it. Anyone who has the MMR setup please let me know your experience. I’m 99% sure the shitty oil pan design on the N55’s caused the spun rod bearings. I’ve never tracked the car and don’t plan to. I do drive decently hard and take it out on the occasional canyon sends.

Open to any advice thanks!
Just curious, how much is the mechanic charging you for the swap? Labor and cost of the new used engine.
Appreciate 0