View Single Post
      06-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #109
Go Autobahn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 64 VW Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Now for the part that I don't agree 100% with. The lag you speak about.
Only once did I feel massive lag in this car to the point where I thought I was going to get rear ended.
I was in stopped traffic on the 10 fwy heading to santa monica and decided I had enough. I see cars heading towards the exit ramp I was just able to slide into and I decide to point the car and mash the pedal down.
In these situations, immediate reaction from the car is crucial and that is not what I received. The car literally didn't move for some split seconds until it reached about 1500+ rpm. I think 1.5 seconds is a decent sized exaggeration because 1.5 seconds is a very long time in car speak. I'd say that it was more like a .7-.8 second delay before the car knew you were really wanting the damn thing to scoot fast.
Thanks for posting a follow-up review. Even though I mentioned "two mississippi", I was just demonstrating my counting technique. I never actually got to two mississippi in my testing. The lag from a dead stop was always between 1 and 1.5 seconds, with the sport button on, and the stick in sport mode as well. I can certainly accept that there might be variation from car to car, though.
Appreciate 0