06-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #2149
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I've been tempted by this and the 17mm, mainly for the full-frame sharpness allowed by the extra large image circle. I guess that I should borrow one from CPS to try for myself. I'm wondering if my landscapes would be even sharper using one of these. Of course, I want to compare images post-DLO, since I use Digital Lens Optimization to correct all my images. The uncorrected performance is supposed to be close to unmatched.

Dave
I'm stunned by the sharpness. You can *almost* pull a 200% crop out of the center. As a straight-forward 24mm lens, there may be lens corrections to be made. But once you start tilting and shifting, any automated corrections will be useless. You pretty much have to go manual. I over-compensated with that shot of the library and had to "push" the building back some. A 100% crop of that shot shows the very fine detail around the window frames. It really is amazing. And I'm surprised how easy it is to correct for converging verticals. As you turn the knob, you see the building straighten out. It's pretty cool.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0