View Single Post
      07-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #42
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
"M" used to mean something now it's a marketing ploy to seperate people from more of their money. As soon as BMW started to put the M badge on suv's that was the end of it.
They just released a critically acclaimed, by all accounts, M car. They definitely know how to make a proper M car, if you're one of those people who thinks making one car not in the traditional M hierarchy negates all cars made with the M badge, then there's nothing to talk about because that's simply silly nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
They forgot to make it a competitor outside of other M cars, thats what. How is a $63k+ M car suppose to perform against a ~$37k-$40k Mustang? When the Mustang is on par or faster than a M car? So what if the M has all these "luxurious" things? Does it make it truly better? Not everyone wants keyless start, Nav, leather seats, alcantara whatever, carbon this, carbon that, side/top cameras, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, etc......Most people want a true, almost bare bones drivers car.

Maybe the new M3/M4 will up the game but we'll have to wait and see.

I bought my 135i not because its a BMW, not because it has all of this "luxurious" stuff. I had a couple of things on my list of my next new car; heated seats, sunroof, decent power, good handling and manual. But, I would have also jumped on a Boss 302 if I could have bought it at or below MSRP.
American muscle has and will likely always be the best performance for you dollar. When has it ever been the case than BMW or any luxury/upscale maker undercut an American model on price while in the same performance class? I have, nor have others, ever doubted if you want the best performance for the dollar get a camaro Z/28 which is faster than a GTR on a track. People are suddenly acting like this is some sort of new development. What makes an M car better is it's handling, finish, and how all the parts come together to make a special driver's car. The new mustangs look pretty good (besides the aesthetics imo) and serve a great cause in terms of giving access to good performance on the cheap.

Also, what are you talking about most people want a bare bones car? No, most people want a car they can live with, besides the mustang is not a bare bones car and will be available with new technologies. Just because it comes with a non-luxury interior does not make it bare. Very few people actually buy bare bones drivers cars contrary to what you may think, go to any BMW/Merc AMG/Porsche forum if you think most people want to order bare cars with no amenities.

Last edited by tallshortguy; 07-18-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0