Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
But then the whole team order is killing the sport...don't tell me you are enjoying the race today. That's not how people remember Fernando's win today: oh what a great "pass" he did on Massa today....he is such a great driver...

all we remember was Rob Smedley told Massa "fernando's pace was faster than you, tell me you got the message." then the next thing...Massa skipped to third gear when he was out of turn 6....what a coincidence...
I agree that it doesn't make for the excitement of the Vettel/Webber crash or an entertaining battle for the fans; but if I was Stefano Domenicali or anyone else on the staff, the last thing I'd want is to lose the 1-2 finish due to contact during a pass.
The competition and racing is still there between the teams, you'd never see Massa move aside to let Hamilton or Vettel through; but even acting as independents (and competing for the Driver's Championship) the drivers also have to work together for the Constructor's Championship.

I guess my view is that sure it's not ideal, but if you really think team-orders will be eliminated completely, you're insane. If I'm RedBull I'd be furious that they could have had a 1-2 finish in Turkey had team-orders been allowed.