02-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #43
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
A

Again, subjective here. If you believe Porsche Carrera GT is quicker, that is fine with me.
I'm Sorry remind me when the Carrera GT came out and when it ended production???

You can't even buy a CGT from Porsche today. Its been 4 years I blv, its way outdated technology.

Dude, I might be wrong but I'm getting the feeling you're defending the LFA/Lexus for other reasons? Just because its an Asian/Japanese manufacturer doesn't mean that they will automatically measure up to Geramn or high-end Italian-spec engineering. Let's not let our allegiances to car companies be dictated by what region of the world they come from or you come from.

Japanese cars usually have been great at copying German engineering, but done little to provide an attractive overall driving package that is superior to European manufacturers.

I love a good Lexus, in fact a I was pushing hard for the LS 460...we ended getting a Panamera; but I respect their reliable machines. And no doubt the engine in the LF-A is heavenly, but this car seems like its a half decade too late, and looks pretty bland for its price point.

Its a nice entry though. But by no means cutting edge. Technically the Ferrari 458 is a league below the LF-A (LF-A is CGT territory technically, but CGT came out centuries ago)...yet you'll find few who'd rather an LF-A over a 458.
Appreciate 0