ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermion View Post
of course they're not heroes.

i think you misinterpreted what i said.

what i mean is that because dissent is allowed in america, people can protest against the war and point out to the people in power that the occupation of iraq is wrong. because dissent is allowed in america, the politicians in power must heed the voice of the people. this has led to strong factions within the government to advocate for a withdraw. thus, because we allow dissent, america can move away from its current flawed strategy in iraq towards seeking a better long term solution to the problem.

this is why in america, great disasters like Mao's great leapt forward can be avoided because people who disagree can speak up and have their voices heard.
hmm, i seem to remember some collections of islands in the pacific that the US colonized and later made it part of our country. Isn't that invading, and how is that different from what's happening in tibet? The us flooded the Hawaiian islands with mainlanders that diluted the hawaiian heritage. Made sugar cane plantations which became their main source for income. I don't know, no one country is perfect, it's what they are trying to do in the present. And the Chinese government's response to this horrendous disaster shows us what they are made of.
Appreciate 0