Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Crazy buyer....What to do?

Sorry to make this long

Cliff notes:
Sell item to buyer
buyer unhappy, opens paypal dispute without patience.
Buyer crazy/sends harassing text messages
Wtf to do.

So... I sold something (worth so little $$...) to someone.

They are unhappy with it....
Said I sent the wrong thing/not as described/etc etc.

I calmly told him that if indeed did make an honest mistake and sent him the wrong item, then I have no issue refunding it, as long as he returns the item to me. I am only human after all, and am not immune to making mistakes
He ends up opening a paypal claim without even responding to my response (I responded to his email immediately after I received it, but the claim was opened later..).
I was like...um okay...I said I'd do it as long as you can show me I sent you the wrong thing...
So he escalates it to a paypal dispute, fine w/e I'll let paypal deal with it. I submitted my evidence and my side of the story. Then I "forgot" (meaning I just don't care so I'll wait for paypal to make a decision) about it...

But this guy is freaking relentless and annoying.

First he sent these:

I called paypal and reported it.
I'm like wtf...why do you care about where I live? and who the heck are you to be threatening me?

Now it's been a couple weeks...and he sends these tonight (sorry they're out of out of order, they came out weird...)

To be honest, I had no problem refunding his $ if he would sent me the stuff back. But he's being a real a$$. To a point where I'm thinking "just lose the $ and forget about it" or "don't give in, this dude is a real POS and you can't have him have his way."
Plus, I don't even know how to refund him his money since he apparently doesn't care about paypal...and I need to wait for them to finish their investigation. I'm not sending him $ and then waiting for paypal to be neutral and just say "buyer return, seller refund." he would get double the $

I'm generally a stubborn individual, but this has really gone too far. I don't fking care about the $, but then I feel like "giving in"...I really am thinking about this too much.

I spoke to Paypal on the phone regarding this matter and they advised me to stick to the claim and don't refund this (and I quote) "crazy individual"

The dude sent me like 15 text messages while I was busy doing more important things...real PITA.

I stopped by my local Police station and they recommended I file a restraining order lol..
Don't really feel like standing in line at the courthouse and paying a couple hundred dollars (which is several times more than the value of the item) for a restraining order.
In a way, I want to do it to "teach him a lesson," but who am I to be teaching people any lessons?

And...wtf is this about him wanting me to apologize on bimmerpost? or else he'll have me banned??

The dude doesn't even have enough posts to send a PM! and 0 iTrader
Who the hell is he to threaten me with getting me banned? He should get banned lol I contribute to much to be taken away :P

Any mods want to chime in on this??

And what is this he's saying I should talk to my legal council?
And that wire fraud or something? wtheck? I've never heard of anything like this for such a small amount over an online sale.

I'm confused as to where he's going with all this and what he's said.

I'm not even sure if I can refund him now that the dispute has been filed, I've never had to deal with a paypal dispute.

Please note that, although I didn't post copies of my text messages, I mainly kept saying stuff like "excuse me?" "I don't know what you're trying to say (this was at first cause they came really out of order...hard to read), "Why are you so upset?" etc. I didn't think it was worth it to post them. I already posted enough lol

It's 1am, and I'm exhausted, so please do excuse my poor English and grammar. As some may know from my other thousands of posts, I tend to (well at least I try to) be grammatically correct as much as I can.
Appreciate 0