View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

My wife is a Agent and she along with myself have seen it all. You should always get feedback from your agent on every showing.
The less expensive the house the easier it is to do FSBO, the more expensive the more the agent will help with your legal process.
when doing a FSBO you can be played pretty easy buy the purchasing agent and the client. From negotiating the contract to the inspection report and the repairs.
You should never be present for the showing, and neither should your agent.
Remember low balling usually only works on "dumb" sellers. Buying a home from a FSBO can actually be much more difficult because people have a skewed perspective of what the house is worth. A agent will have a Fair Market Value that the home is really worth, most appraisors will follow pretty close these figures. I hav seen many homes that are FSBO not sell because the owner refuses to believe that the valus of the home is less than what they think it should be, bottom line is the bank will not lend more than the appraisal. Most FSBO sellers are cheap skates, that is why they are trying to save the money. Standard rate is 3% in NC but commision is up to the agent. They can charge as little as they want. Most times agents will sell a home for 1.5-2% if you are using them to buy a new one as they will recoupe money on the back end.
Stay with a agent, just find one that is on top of the game. There are many super lazy agents out there.