03-03-2023, 11:41 AM   #10
M3ntal_F80
New M3 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
The Mayo clinic says it’s calories in vs out, shouldn’t matter what I’m eating, and I have found that to be true with various diets over the years, in some where I ate healthy, in others where I ate unhealthy.
It greatly matters what you're eating. If you don't beleive this, then perhaps that is why you're having to ask.

I'm just trying to help you out. If you don't want to take what I say into consideration, then so be it. Believe what you want and continue to question why you're having issues.

I can eat junk food, but keep it at 2000 calories or less a day and look and feel like shit or I can eat healthy at 2000 calories a day and lose weight and look great.

I'm an old man compared to most on here. I've been over weight and made lifestyle changes to where I'm in the best shape of my life at 40. I've tried it all and have found what works for me. You'll need to keep making changes until you find what works for you.

Rather than believing what the Mayo Clinic has to say, how about you just try it and find out? I've completely cut out carbs for short cycles (6 months or less) and got completely shredded. I'm sure the Mayo Clinic has something negative to say about that, but it doesn't matter in my book. It worked great for me. Now it's not something that is sustainable for a long period, but knowing how it's worked for me in the past, it's something I go to when I feel I need to lose a drastic amount of weight in a short time.

I'll give you what I'm currently doing and what's working for me. I try to take in at least 200 grams of protein a day. That is my baseline. Cutting or maintenance I'm at 200 grams. If I'm bulking, I'll increase it. For carbs, if I'm drastically trying to cut I go 50 grams a day or less. If I'm not on an extreme cut, but want to try and lose some weight, I'll keep it around 100-150 grams. For maintenance I'll be around 200-300 grams depending on my workout routine. For bulking it'll be at least 300 grams. I don't really have a set caloric intake I follow, but for the most part I keep it around 2-2500 a day during a cut, 3-3500 to maintain, and 4000+ on a bulk.

Now what you seem to have an issue with is the type of food. I don't eat fast food or junk food daily. Typically I'll give myself a cheat day where I enjoy what I want. This typically falls on Saturdays during a fight night or Sundays during football season. You think you won't notice a difference eating 4000 calories of fast food a day vs 4000 calories coming from lean meats, healthy vegetables and clean carbs?

edit: To clarify I'm 6 foot and range between 200-215 pounds depending on goals and time of year. My goal is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, hence 200 grams of protein a day. Some will say 1 gram per pound of lean muscle, but I'm too lazy to try and calculate that and prefer to just go with the lazy method of 1 gram per pound.
Appreciate 2
Oldgixxer1938.00
KevinGS3365.00