View Single Post
      04-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Can you use it as a daily? Sure. But you'll need to be very familiar with the car, know the ins and outs, stay on top of all proactive maintenance, and sort out any issues immediately. Honestly, I'd make sure I had another car as a backup. That is, assuming you want to treat the car right and not have it turn into one of the many trashed E39 M5s that are out there now.

The E92 335i and the E39 are two very different cars. For daily driver use, I honestly think the E92 is the better bet - it's ultimately better suited to commuting and has more modern technology comforts while still being a great car to drive. Perhaps not as engaging as a high-revving V8, but a good car nonetheless.

My advice would be to save your money and wait until you can afford a clean E39 M5 as a car to have alongside your daily driver rather than instead of.