View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #24
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Actually they reported it could have crashed without leaving debris, if it had fallen and entered the water whole. The debris would then be minimal. They are going to have to start looking under water.
I personally highly doubt this if they crashed, if it was some sort of controlled crash or landing on water maybe, but the plane would still be floating in the water like the plane that landed in the Hudson river. The only way the plane is going to the bottom is if it broke apart and all the contents in the plane would float to the surface.

The plane electronically just disappears, it was there one minute and gone the next. I can immediately think of two reason for this, there could be more. First instance catastrophic failure of the entire plane, which goes back to where is the debris field. Second and I am not sure if this can be done on modern planes today, is someone turned off all the radios and electronics which report the plans location. I know people said they had the plane on Radar, but that is generic term. They may not have been tracking is with actual radar waves but using the planes location transponders which send back it actual position to the tracking station. How so you think you can track a plane route on those phone apps.

Once they find the plane, and figure it out, it may not sound as strange as I am make it out to be, however, things are not adding up for me.
Appreciate 0