View Single Post
      08-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #37
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
Day trading isn't a gateway to "easy money". There is no "easy" button and if there ever was, day trading would not be it.

It's easy to get caught up in your own hype when you make 2% a day or whatever for the first couple weeks. Than lose 3% a day the next 2 weeks.

Not so fun than. I'm not a daytrader and don't intend to be but I've heard enough horror stories, after a while they aren't just stories. They are reality.

There are brokers, traders, investment funds, hedge funds, and everything in between that employ hardcore quantatative analysis and this graph and that candlestick and this voodo and that joojoo.

I am a fundamental investor and don't go to far into TA or QA methods.
Well said. These guys making a little money in a bull market are soon to be humbled. Trades get a lot harder when you start putting up a couple hundred thousand dollars.

How's that day trade strategy working today for example? Ho-hum day, even up and boom, down in an instant. Trading isn't easy ever, but it's a hell of a lot easier when stocks drift up 75% of the time like they have in the last few years. Still, almost no one is making 2%/day and if they are, they sure as hell aren't doing it every single trading day. Fucking impossible.
Appreciate 0