View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #85
ValeYellow46
MotoGP Fanatic
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I work at a dealer and most dealers I know have a waiting list a mile long for the new X5. If we would have had more of these to sell BMW would have won. This is the real reason we didn't win, not because we aren't selling cars for enthusiast. Enthusiast don't spend money like "normal" people do. For every 100 clients who buy BMW's, about 1 or 2 of them know anything about the cars, history or passion behind BMW. I think people on here think all car buyers are like them, they aren't. They are normal people who like 328xi's and don't know what steering feel even is or what an E90 is. The enthusiast are typically stuck in a time morph driving their E46 ZHP and E39 540i. Don't get me wrong some enthusiast spend a lot of money on new cars but typically they don't keep a brand alive. Porsche is known as an enthusiast brand but they sell more Cayennes than all other models, most of the those buyers could care less about steering feel of the 991 v the 997. Sorry to rant but so many people here are negative towards everything BMW does and it gets annoying after awhile.
Appreciate 0