01-05-2014, 07:27 AM   #77
JS919
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Wow after reading most of the previous comments I thought I was on a MB forum. If BMW decides to start chasing sales with god awful styling a la CLA, I'll go back to buying Audis. I saw a comment about how BMW is the new Toyota because of bland styling. Are you insinuating that this may be the reason they were beat in sales. Why else would you post BMW-Toyota comparison on an article with the topic of BMW being beat by MB in sales? Have you checked Toyota sales. I agree that Toyota's styling is ultra bland, but they sell a lot of cars. I think they may sell more than anyone else (or really close). So how can you equate bland styling to bad sales? BMW might care about being #1 in car sales, I don't. I used to buy Audi instead of BMW because they were a unique alternative to BMW. When they became as common as BMW (where I live), I figured I might as well just buy BMW. BMW already tried the ugly styling and I don't think it worked for them (think Bangle).

In my opinion MB only makes two cars that I'd buy over the competing BMW. Those are the yet to be released C-Class over the 3-Series and S-Class over 7-Series (I'd take the A8 over either). the CLS and CLA are the ugliest "luxury cars" on the market. If that is the styling direction that is needed to be #1 in sales, I'll proudly buy cars made by #2.

One last thing for all you E90/E92 owners that are constantly criticizing the F30/F32 for bland styling. Have you looked at your cars lately? They are about as bland of styling as it comes, especially the E92. Oh, and the interior styling is ultra bland and that bump over the iDrive screen is hideous. I owned 3 E92s (2 M3s and a 335is) and I think they are great looking cars, but they are pretty damn bland. That being said I like bland. My thought is if you own or love the styling of the E90/E92 than you like bland also, so stop complaining.

Last edited by JS919; 01-05-2014 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 0