08-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #7
hanszilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke344 View Post
With that many miles per year I'd be leaning towards diesel. BMW seems to be running some deals on the leftover 2014 328d xdrive. Even if the monthly came out higher you'd make up for it in fuel savings. If you're buying I'd look for a CPO 2013 328i xdrive, depending on how open she is to a used car... At least that way you don't have to worry about mileage. Need more space? Passat Diesel, no AWD yet but if you get snow swap wheels in the winter. Should come in way under budget.

Neither the X1 or the Countryman offer much added utility compared to a 3 series unless you knock the seats down.
I don't think she's into VW. We looked into an Audi A6 for a commuter and she commented that it looks like something her father would drive, we also looked at the A3 and I thought it was cheaply made and she didn't want an S4. These were lease options. As far as another F30 goes I don't think she likes that, considering that I have owned 2 F30 within the span of 1 year; pretty sure she's bored with it.

Forevermore haunted by 2 bear pillows in the car.
Appreciate 0