02-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #23
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Man View Post
Thats funny, because I was also at GA Turn 11 (due to a friends recommendation that its not worth it to pay for grandstand seats) and I wasn't very happy with it. Most of the problem was that we weren't well prepared.
That about sums it up. Every time we *anywhere* in Texas where we're going to be outside, sunblock is the first thing in the bag. Like I mentioned, we'd previously scoped the track due to going a few times, so having been there before made all the difference in our preparations.

Quote:
To top it off, we parked in the park and ride lot because we assumed the busses would drop us off near the track. Boy were we wrong! they drop you off at the bottom of the hill, so you have to hike all the way up the hill to the track. Once there, we were told there would be trolleys, but they were nowhere to be found so we had to hike all the way across the track to turn 11. In the end we couldn't see much of the race, were sunburned and covered in sweat, probably walked over 3 miles, and were not happy.
Yeah, we kinda felt like that last year, we did a LOT of walking from the park and ride drop off to Turn 4/5. Sucked a *lot*, 'specially waiting in the park and ride line to go home. It was ridiculous!

Quote:
If I go back again, it will be for something less popular so I can get reasonably priced tickets, not have to deal with the crowds, and actually enjoy the racing.
ALMS will be @ COTA in September, and there were NO crowds.

http://www.imsa.com/races/circuit-americas-0

Last edited by whats77inaname; 02-16-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0